Our dogs can't get enough of the California sunshine and neither can we.

This blog has been created to update you--our family and friends--on all of the changes we are experiencing since our little family moved back to the West Coast. Most notably, of course: the new little one who just arrived.

We encourage ourselves and you to learn the lessons of the sundog: nourish your mind with rest, your body with vitamin D, and your soul with warmth
. Oh, and don't forget to sniff when something interesting wafts by.

Love, Mary & Ryan


Thursday, March 6, 2008

29 weeks, Robyn and Dana visit

That's about 6.5 months (don't do the math from the weeks, it doesn't work like that!). I'm closer to 7 months this week.... Anyway, despite getting big and uncomfortable and feeling like this baby has snatched my body from me, I am overall feeling well and looking forward to meeting the little conquistador. Ryan was able to feel the first kicks through my belly last night, that was pretty cute. (I've been feeling movement for a few weeks now but they weren't strong enough yet to feel from the outside.) Suzanne and Shanna have gotten us motivated to plan our baby shower, more details in another post.

I want to give another big thanks to my Aunt Jenny and my Aunt Carol for sending me maternity shirts - they're currently make up most of my wardrobe that fits so I wear them a lot!

We just had a wonderful weekend with my sister Robyn and her girlfriend Dana. They came mostly to see my big tum and play with the dogs, right girls? We had a lovely dinner party with them and Suzanne, Shanna, and Jarred and they soaked up as much sun and pool time as they could get before heading back to the Minnesota tundra. It was so great to spend time with them and I can't wait to see them again when they come out to help with baby and doggie duties in May. Below are some pictures from our weekend. [Had trouble posting the pics for this one so no captions - Robyn's in the Twinkies hat, Dana's the Bogey cuddler.]

-m


No comments: